A Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport that is.
Recently I attended an event at Sprint courtesy of MomCentral. The focus was on the new Samsung Galazy S 5 Sport phone and the Sprint Fit Live app on their phones. I was impressed. I switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone almost 2 years ago and although I am happy enough with my phone choice, I have been considering a switch to an Android phone in the future.
Some facts about the S 5:
- Exclusive to Sprint
- On the new Sprint Spark super-fast network
- Water and dust resistant (not “proof” but resistant)
- A textured body makes it easier to hold and prevents it from slipping from the hand
- Three hard keys so it’s easier to operate when active
- With Samsung’s Activity Zone, users can access a variety of preloaded content, including a barometer, compass, flashlight and stopwatch from a single screen
- Price: With Sprint Easy Pay it costs $0 down and 24 monthly payments of $27.09 OR $200 with a 2 year contract (MSRP: $649.99)
- Other perks with purchase including:
- Free year of MapMyFitness
- Free Sprint Fit Live
- Free 6 or 3 months Spotify Premium
- $50 off Samsung Gear Fit
Some facts about the Gear Fit:
- Right now, you can save $50 instantly on the GearFit when you buy the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport or other Galaxy smartphone .
- NOW just $99.99
- Track your steps. Set a personal best with real-time coaching.
- First-ever built-in heart monitor that responds to your touch.
- Reject phone calls and dismiss alarms with a simple tap. View emails and SMS messages.
- Customize your own alerts – even from third-party apps.
- Dustproof and water-resistant
- Wear it during your workout. Take it on your walk
- Interchangeable bands
- The light, curved 1.83″ Super AMOLED® display rests comfortably on your wrist.
We had a fitness coach do a demonstration for us and show us how you can set up the Gear Fit as a coach to remind you when you are not reaching your goals. It will vibrate as an incentive for you to keep moving. It measures not only your steps and activity but your heart rate as well. Invasive or intuitive? Up to you.
- Sprint Fit Live helps customers live the healthy lifestyle they want by delivering smart, contextual health content when they need it.
- Fitness tracking, education, and healthy living content is displayed on the lock screen, wallpaper, or a full screen experience.
- Sprint Fit Live gives customers instant access to their favorite fitness applications and activities, delivers relevant content and information and integrates with their Spotify playlist.
- Key features include the ability to:
- Track, monitor, and share workout activity with MapMyFitness MVP (available through the Google Play™), which includes such premium content as customized audio coaching, training plans, live tracking and more.
- Access Spotify Workout playlists (hundreds of hundreds of workout-themed playlists ) with free Spotify premium for six months for customers who are on Sprint Family Share Pack and $60 Unlimited and Simply Unlimited customers (up to $7.99/month for the next 18 months). Normally $9.99/month ; 3 months free for all other
- Sprint customers Live the Healthy Lifestyle by receiving updated smart, contextual health and fitness content.
- Customize the look and feel of fitness tracking, education, music and healthy living content displayed on the wallpaper or full screen experience.
All of these together is like having a personal trainer without having the smelly gym. Will I switch? I don’t know yet, my upgrade is in about 6 moths. I have been a Sprint customer for over 10 years and I know that won’t change.